Wednesday 13 December 2006

One Less Bitter Balls.


Peter Boyle American actor has died aged 71. He died at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease.
I remember him for being a grouchy but likeable guy, he played the monster in Young Frankenstein and while many love the tap dancing putting on the Ritz scene I love the part in which Gene Hackman playing a blind man served him food most of it being poured accidentally over the monster (well you had to be there)
He also played a crazy man who thought he was God, a naked God in the movie The Dream Team.
I love the episode of the X-files he did in 1996 for which he won an Emmy for.
He always added talent to a cast and was enjoyable to watch.

Rest in peace mate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sad to hear about him too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a shame. I hadn't heard about this yet; I'm just now getting the evening news. He was mostly known for his comedies, but he was also a really good dramatic actor. I think he might be the only person in the "Everybody Loves Raymond" cast not to have won an Emmy, which is not right considering that he was far and away the most talented person in that cast.

Anonymous said...

that is sad. I loved him as frankenstein, and in Raymond. That's another bitter balled man gone to the graves. *shakes head*.

Old Knudsen said...

sassy sundry, The other gurl, Xmichra A talented actor and dying at 71 is a shame.

Scout said...

Peter Boyle was great. I did love the Puttin on the Ritz scene, but you're right about the Hackman scene with the hot soup and the cigar. "I was going to make espresso."

Old Knudsen said...

Yeah thats a classic scene, now when you do yer singing of the Ritz cracker song it will be a tribute.