Sunday 7 January 2007

Fluck Ewe Julia Child.

Momofuku Ando, ok I did not make that name up. The Japanese inventor of instant noodles has died aged 96. His crappy tasteless noodles have fed students and other poor people for decades. Many owe a debt of thanks to this man because if it wasn't for the noodles and water that have offended many a taste bud in their time, cigarettes and drink could not have been bought every weekend.
His final wishes were to have boiling water poured over him and a packet of seasoning added. The whole ceremony lasted 4 minutes.

4 comments:

Jagd Kunst said...

that was better than my hugh grant joke fer sure.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Where would we be without such convenience foods? Time strapped and full of health i suspect.

Maven said...

I felt incredibly dirty in my no-no spot just saying Momo-Fuku...

Fook me? Fook you!

Unknown said...

You are keeling me here. I could make a steak and potato for dinner but my son, Waylon would want those damn noodles cooked in the microwave. Every payday, I'd go to the store and buy him a whole case, just himself and a case for the rest of my family and boarders, freeloaders and such. I do have to say that I too, am grateful for those noodles. They helped me survive a prison stay. Cooked in cheese and a slim jim added, it beat rooster or liver night, ya know.