Tuesday 1 May 2007

Hang Around Mate.

The well hung man which in Tarot signifies the rushing of blood to yer head and yer change falling out of yer pockets, trust the Godless heathens to fuck up hanging. Happy Bealltainn and enjoy the fires of Hell ya dirty Pagans.

I recently just wrote about how I miss public hanging for criminals, it takes me back to when I lived among the English, my 12th common in law wife Phyllis who was a Sassenach herself, something I never let the old cow forget.
I'd be a regular at the hangings, in fact I had bought season tickets many a time, I was a right swinger.

I remember on Friday mornings phyllis would be in the kitchen making the lard sandwiches for our packed lunches, that was before Hitler bombed our bread and after that only the rich toffs got bread, we working class had to make do with cardboard or squares of skin cut from yer own leg .

The kids couldn't sleep with excitement the night before and were up early their little faces glowing with anticipation, to cut doon on whining for the long train ride to Pentonville Prison we'd hint that they were going to somewhere like Blackpool, we'd say, "have you packed yer swimming costume, bucket and spade?" and left the rest to their imaginations.

Children don't know whats good for them, donkey rides are for babies, seeing grown men twitch and shit themselves at the end of a rope now theres proper education right there, they'll thank me for it someday, well not June shes been a basket case for the last 63 years.

You just never know what you'll get, a Nazi, a conscientious objector or just yer average criminal, when the war went into full swing so to speak the criminals all joined the services.

They stopped selling tickets at Pentonville Prison citing national security or Defence Regulation 18b as it was then.
Now the only entertainment the young uns get are those video games where you play Postman Pat with a gun that wants to kill his fellow employees or a pay per view cage match, barbaric I say.

18 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

You spoilt those kids. You old softy.

Old Knudsen said...

When it comes to my kids I am a softy though I do believe me not paying their mothers child support makes them into better people.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for the lack of child support.

Old Knudsen said...

No way, this cannot be happening again, get off my blog you stalker I sent the cheque on Thursday, honestly.

Anonymous said...

I suppose you held a gun to Postman Pat's head and demanded that he delivered it

Manuel said...

Ah the old days, the old ways. Although hanging is for pussys. Crucifixtion, now there was a punishment. Thats how you deal with rapists, robbers, deity's etc. You see hanging is good for your average bummer boy but you need to crank it up a bit for some others. Look what those lovely French used to sort their little leadership problem....

Hanging ha!

Sassy Sundry said...

This made me think of Foucault's Discipline and Punish. Grad school flashbacks are scary.

Scout said...

yep, there's not much difference between public executions and cage matches.

Hey, I've been to Blackpool. funny little town. I used to read Postman Pat to my kids, but I never pictured the little guy with a gun. Maybe the cat, though.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white caaaaaaat.
Early in the morning, just as day is dawning,
Pat picks up all the post bags in his van.

Wow the amount of cash i've sunk into those books, tapes, videos, performances over the years for my three sons - and for those lyrics? Cat doesn't even RHYME with van. I want my money back.

FirstNations said...

like a medfly trap hung from the suffering limb of yggdrasil, knudie the human pinata waited for enlightenment while the birds shat on the soles of his feet and the rains ran up his nose.
i say bring back the colliseums.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Lard sandwiches, eh? Posh git.

savannah said...

you're back and dick headley is gone...talk about cosmic balance...

Anonymous said...

Until hanging was abolished here, we used outsource the job to a Sassenach called Albert Pierpoint.

I suppose none of us Paddys could have managed to keep a straight face. You need a straight-backed brush-handle-up-the-arse Sassenach for that.

Old Knudsen said...

Ms Nicks force at the point of a gun is wrong, good but wrong.

manuel sure the Romans did it well but the french were too fast, the British use the slow method of hanging.

lynn I eat cod and chips alot and fish is brain food, I want 'my' money back.

sassy flashbacks are especially bad during brain surgery when you're digging at a frontal lobe.

robyn you don't see much feces during a cage match.

first nations I also gave my eye for knowledge, my brown eye.

sam problem- child -bride Phyllis had ideas above her station being English and all.

savannah a wee confession, I am Dick headley.

primal sneeze you can't go putting bogtrotters in charge, studies have shown they have no motivation.

Tickersoid said...

You can still see hanging in Wales today, except it's been driven underground by the nanny state. Political correctness gone mad I say.

Old Knudsen said...

On the surface the Welsh seem sooo boring.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

lol Old K. Yes misrepresentation is everywhere, is it not. No child support?? You cad. As a single mother, i object.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I left a message here yesterday. Damn blogger! Well, imagine i said something totally related and witty.