Sunday 27 May 2007

It Could Always Be Worse.

The main thing the hospital are worried about are lawsuits as she won't have a leg to stand on.

Kellie Lim, who lost both legs and an arm at the age of 8 because of bacterial meningitis, is to graduate from University of California, Los Angeles' medical school , she plans to focus on childhood allergies and infectious disease.
The 26 year-old doesn't use a prosthetic arm and does most medical procedures like giving injections, taking blood grabbing a pair of balls and saying "cough" with one arm. She walks on a pair of prosthetic legs.

She was raised by a blind mother in Detroit and went through years of being in a wheelchair and painful therapy after toxic shock from the meningitis claimed her limbs and three fingertips on her remaining hand she was given 85% chance of dying, not only that she was right handed and had to learn to use her left, are you crying yet?

"I hate failing," she said. "It's one of those things that's so ingrained in me."

For fucks sake what a gurl. I'd hate to be the person she trains on, I had this trainee able bodied nurse put an IV needle right through my vein. Now this post is designed to make you whiney shites think about how rough you have it and the next time you say you can't do something think about Ms Lim who only has a short window to have sex before the Asian gene turns her into an old minger, mid thirties I believe.

And she can swim (unlike me) and has become wanking material (just like me)

Well done Ms Lim you've put us all to shame. I wish you good luck and hope never to be yer patient. For inspiring us all you've been given the dubious award of honourary bitter balls, isn't life so looking up now ?

17 comments:

BEAST said...

Bloody attention seeking I call it !

Momentary Madness said...

Great story, great woman, but I don't want to be her to achieve what she has. I rather be a full bodied moaning miserable shit.
I can't stand these comparisons. It's a bit like eat up all you dinner- they've no food in some parts of Africa. No offence Knudsen but I've just been inspired to make a cup of tea and sulk. I'd be twice as fucked up as I am now if I were Kellie Lim.

Gorilla Bananas said...

"Asian gene turns her into an old minger"

Got any facts to back this up, Knudie? Their skin seems to stay smoother for longer, but maybe you know something about the boobs and butt.

ellie said...

"No offence Knudsen but I've just been inspired to make a cup of tea and sulk. I'd be twice as fucked up as I am now if I were Kellie Lim."

That comment alone has to be worth some recognition. Cheers Paddy, I feel better now.

Manuel said...

I cut myself on Saturday, but i'll just keep it to myself. I'm a brave little soldier too though...

Anonymous said...

I never complain and my life is tougher than hers in its own way....

Unknown said...

Ms Lim can swimb!

The Mistress said...

Who would win in a bitch fight?

Her or Heather Mills?

FirstNations said...

i can't see her offering much hope to children with infectious diseases, actually.

Anonymous said...

I think yer safe. Ya'd have to do some serious regressin' before she'd stick ya.
-P

Anonymous said...

"before the Asian gene turns her into an old minger, mid thirties I believe"

Don't you mix it with the italian gene? After 28 one lasagna too much - and puff! this trouserbursting ragazza is an italian mamma ...

savannah said...

i'll say no more...

Anonymous said...

Lasagna anybody?

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I am about to relate a terrible, insensitive joke that this post reminded me of, what with the swimming and the missing limbs etc.

This has nothing to do with the splendid Ms. Lim, as heroic a soul as they come. It just popped to mind that's all and dammit if it's the only comment I've got.

What do you call the paraplegic who swam the English Channel?
Clever Dick.

Anonymous said...

What an inspirational gal.

Good lord, I wonder if she'll end up working at the free clinic. Can you imagine not feeling well enough to make it to a doctor only to have her hobble into the room? I think I might feel better right quick.

DirtyBitchSociety said...

I can appreciate a good story like that. Just when I think I've got it bad, something shines through and shows me, hey I ain't half bad.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

If there was ever a family that qualified for Ted Kennedy's Welfare program it's Kellie Lim's. But here in the states we only give it to the folks that really need the extra help... you know drug addicts and just plain ole lazy folks who just don't want to get up and go to work. Hopefully if old Teddy gets his way we can add Illegals Immigrants to the list.