Wednesday 27 February 2008

Heroes And Anti-Heroes

Captain Andrea Ourada is a Blackhawk pilot serving in Iraq. I for one would not mind serving under her. I don't have any problem taking orders from a woman such as, "no not like that like this and roughly from behind." I am an enlightened male and in touch with my feminine side, I like to touch.
I would not mind going doon in her Blackhawk I salute you ma'am.


Careful with that shooter little lady. The 9 mil Beretta under her left arm has a pink princess sticker on it, isn't she cute?

I've been wondering about something. Do we bloggers have a responsibility for what we post? Here is a hypothetical question.
Say there was a brilliant blogger who set up a news blog with real news stories but exaggerated certain parts of the stories to make them more funny even though most of them are ridiculous enough.
And maybe he threw in the odd post that was just entirely made up. Nothing wrong with that as long as its stated that its satire on the profile and at the bottom of the blog right?

Well what happens if someone reads a made up story and discusses it and links to it from their site believing it to be real? Maybe this has happened three times or so with various stories. What I'm wondering is.

Are we bloggers responsible for morons that don't get that its satire?
.
Are actors on TV responsible for nutjobs who call them by their character's name in the street and ask them about something their character said 4 years ago?
.
Does everyone believe what they see and read on the Interweb? or do they just see and read what they want to?
.
The age of the gullible and the lazy my friends. Students who cite Wikkipedia and Old Bitter Balls as sources on their school papers.

15 comments:

The Mistress said...

OBB should be part of the curriculum.

Anonymous said...

Definitly! Trustful news-source!

dai said...

I usually believe everything I read on the Knudsen Blog Empire, pass the information on, quote it and live by it. That's alright isn't it? I mean it must be true, it's on the interweb.

Eolaí gan Fhéile said...

I have an aversion to people who tell the truth. I just don't trust them.

PENDULUM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PENDULUM said...

No, absolutely not.
Keep it up Knudsen.
Satire is used by an author to attack or criticize.
Usually it professes to favour what the author actually disfavours.
The more the reason for favour is highlighted, the more ridiculous, and absurd it seems to be- authors game-set-and-match.
It's quite a difficult balancing act. People tend to get the wrong end of the stick, and are easily offended.
I learned a little about satire today thanks to you Knudsen.

Anonymous said...

You mean that your news articles aren't cut from whole cloth?
Well, dang.
Do I have to unlink them now?

Jenny said...

Was it the UFO Story, because those are ALWAYS made up, no matter WHO reports them.

If that was your subject matter you have no obligation.

Other safe subjects: Jacklalopes and the Lock Ness Monster. Oh, and those little green dudes.

h said...

I think you have a responsibility to do what you can to make that happen MORE often. Blast e-mailing and faxing to leftist websites would be a good first step. The Huffington Post might be ideal.
Perhaps Knudsen News Radio after that.

h said...

I'd forgotten you're not that bright. So here's some more pointers on getting your stuff linked as real news.

1) Always use the term "Corporate Controlled Media" in the introduction. This will make Huffington Post and the BBC feel smug about publishing something CNN would not.

2) No matter what the false story is, work GW Bush into the copy. Use terms like "Bushies" and "Bush Incorporated".

3) Pick the nothing story of your choice from the recent past and insert the words, "BIGGEST STORY SINCE" in front of it. BIGGEST STORY SINCE DOWNING STREET MEMO. BIGGEST STORY SINCE HALIBURTON.

4) Join every leftist webring.

5) Work "global warming" into the copy. Also "Xtian". Most leftist sites use keyword screens. If these words appear, your stuff has a better chance of being read.

Unknown said...

I think if people don't get that it's satire, their loss. Daily show and colbert report, not to mention this hour has 22 minutes, air farce and rick mercer report do satirical examinations of daily events. Yet the people aren't screaming for them to be pulled off the air. They for the most part, get that it's SATIRE. The people that "just don't get it" are the same idiots that join Fred Phelps or some other crazy nut job because they can't think for themselves. Of course, such is life, Knudsen.
By the way, I agree that the female helicopter pilot is indeed, a hottie.

Bittersweet said...

you are my hero, knuddy

There are people out there who would not recognize satire if it shat on them thrice over. Their look out.

Dick Headley said...

Now you tell us Knudsen! It's satire! I'm seeing your blog in a whole new light.

Old Knudsen said...

MJ NO! I like my foreskin.

Mago Better than Fox news.

dai and so it should be lets make some Urban legends.

eolai go on I don't believe you.

sean which is why I'm Old Bitter Balls. Be a racist, misogynistic bigot with in jokes to amuse myself and other insane people.

psychicgeek The wingless butterfly or 'butter' as they are called was totally true, maybe.

a Boxer not so loud those UFO people are like religious fundies but yeah they want to believe. sad really.

trolly Thanks for the hints I ain't too bright, for some reason people want to know about Fossett and the elephant man and all the gheys want to know about American idle.

shister Thinking is what sets the canucks apart from the Yanks, value it.

bittersweet you If i was yer hero you'd do that thing you said you'd never do.

DH I've missed calling you a cunt.

INNER VOICES said...

"war of the worlds" radio show... i wonder what the interwebs version would be....