Thursday 13 November 2008

Full Moon Magick



I feel sometimes especially around the time of the full moon that I need to embrace my Celtic side. The North of Ireland (Ulster being its ancient name) had and still has strong connections with Scotland and the kingdom of Dal Raida stretched from the east coast of Ulster to the west coast of Scotland before losing touch due to the raids from my other side of the family The Vikings. Here is a little poem about the Triple Goddess of war The Morrigu. They could decide who was victorious in battle and would often take the form of crows so be polite to any crows you happen to see or Fea (Hateful) Badbh (Fury) or Macha (Battle) may curse you with a bad hair day or something.

3 crows fly high up ahead,
Circling the fighting, wounded and dead,
Giving all they meet black dread,
To young man, ghey or newly wed,
We'll feast on yer bones we sisters 3
4 Morrigu are vicious crew,
They'll kick fuck out of you .................. Boo!


I like to show my sensitive side with poetry it gets me the weemen.


Speaking of which I listened to the Duran Duran Duran song Ordinary World the other day and its quite a pretty song, its been kicking about for a few years. Now after seeing this picture of the lead singer Simon Le Bon I can no longer enjoy the song as I picture this. I wonder if I'll be the only one.



Latest OBB News Up-Dates

8 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

Ah Knudsen it’s a thing to behold, and seldom seen. The Muse enters at your beck and call; not like your man La Bonk who looks like he has to fish for it. Probably ingrown the poor chap.

"they gave me a gun" he said
"they gave me a mission
for the power and the glory
propaganda piss on 'em
there's a war zone inside me
I can feel things exploding
I can't even hear the fucking music playing
for the beat
the beat of black wings"

The Mistress said...

Is Simon crab fishing?

Romeo Morningwood said...

I am admiring the painting however you neglected to mention why the Morrigu have hemipenal boners. Perhaps you could clarify the purpose of possesing such an appendage and where I could procure one?

Simon le Boner never sounded better than on his plaintive wailing on Ordinary World.
It is my favorite Duran ditty and I for one refuse to imprint this unsettling image in me noggin and destroy the 4 minutes and 43 seconds of pleasure that I derive from hearing it.

Jenny said...

I do like it when you show your softer side with poetry.

Unknown said...

A cool piece of work, that. And I'm not talking about the wanker in the bottom photo. I do, however, really like the image at the top. That's a nice piece of art there, it is.

h said...

It's the sort of artwork that appeals to 8 year-olds and adults with brain damage.

The Mistress said...

Boxer: His softer side?

Like it would ever get hard for you?

I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

DuranDuran? 80s whiney dingalongshubshub ... I prefer the Black Crowes.

MJ
Knudsen's always hard on, mind that little pump ...

(WV says "gracks"!!)